FOR BASKETBALL AND BASEBALL/SOFTBALL SPRING SEASON:
Glen Allen has imposed the following policy on refunding registration fees for the basketball and spring sports seasons. Refunds should be requested to the Director of Membership and will be awarded base on the following:
- If refund is requested more than one week before tryouts, all but $15 will be refunded
- No refunds will be given within one week of tryouts.
- If refund is requested after the draft, then no refund will be granted unless there is a medical reason for the request
FOR BASEBALL AND SOFTBALL FALL SEASON:
Glen Allen has imposed the following policy on refunding registration fees for the fall sports season. Refunds should be requested to the Director of Membership and will be awarded base on the following:
- If refund is requested one week prior to the start of the season, all but $30 will be refunded to the registrant.
- If refunds requested after one week prior to the start of the season, then no refund will be granted unless there is a medical reason for the request
As we have previously communicated, it is our plan at GAYAA to play our spring 2020 season during June and July. We certainly hope you will be able to participate with this revised schedule, as we believe we will have a lot of fun. However, we appreciate that schedules are different in the summer and understand if you need to withdraw. Please note that we are a non-profit organization and rely completely on the registrations, concessions, sponsors and volunteers to operate, and the expense for baseball and softball season is heavily front –end loaded with uniforms, hats, insurance, background checks, etc. that we have already paid for. With that said, we are amending our refund policy to include three options in the event you are unable to participate in our summer season:
- You will be able to offer your registration fee as a donation to the Association. As a non-profit organization, we can offer you a receipt that can be used as a deduction when you file taxes.
- We can roll your registration fees over by crediting your account, which can then be applied to a future season such as fall ball, basketball in the winter, or baseball/softball next spring. Rollover credit is for $50, which is $125 registration fee minus $75 in fixed preseason expenses.
- We can issue you a refund minus expenses already paid for this season. Preseason, player specific expenses for 2020 amount to $75 per player. Therefore, if you request a refund, we will refund $50. ($25 for quickball)
- Please direct any donation, rollover, or refund requests to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 29, 2020.